Serving the State of Arizona, Appointments Available in Phoenix, Mesa and Scottsdale | Se Habla Español | (602) 266-2667

Arizona Workers’ Compensation (Arizona Workman’s Comp) vs. Social Security Disability

Arizona workers’ comp benefits provide coverage to employees who get hurt on the job or while doing required job tasks. When you are injured on the job, workers’ comp can not only pay for your medical treatment, but it can also provide you with disability benefits.

Arizona workmans comp attorney - Construction workersIn addition to Arizona workman’s comp, another program called social security disability can also provide you with disability benefits. Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (SSDIB) and Arizona workman’s comp are very different, however, even though both provide income to someone who has become too disabled to work.

Difference Between SSDIB and Workman’s Comp

The main difference between SSDIB and Arizona workman’s comp is that SSDIB doesn’t care if the injury or illness that causes the disability is work related. As long as someone has worked long enough and paid in sufficient payroll taxes, he can qualify for benefits if he has a medical condition the SSA determines will last at least a year and prevents substantial gainful employment.  With Arizona workman’s comp, on the other hand, disability benefits are paid only if the injury can be shown to arise out of and in the course of the job.  (It is also true that some recreational and personal activities may be found to be job related, depending upon various factors that may be present.)

Contact An Arizona Workman’s Comp Attorney

When you become disabled, it can be hard to know whether your best option is to apply to Arizona workman’s comp, social security disability or both. An experienced Arizona workman’s comp attorney can help you to make this choice and can assist you in maximizing the benefits available to you. Call Schiffman Law Office, P.C. at (602) 235-0539 for a free consultation now.

Get the help you need today!

Contact us using the form below and get a certified attorney on your case, or call us today:  (602) 266-2667